The recipe only serves one because I threw this together for myself one evening with odds and ends rummaged from the back of the fridge. It can easily be multiplied to serve more.
1/3 cup brown rice
1 teaspoon peanut (or sesame) oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/2 inch piece of ginger, minced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 scallions, diced
1/3 cup tofu, cut into small triangles
1 cup chopped spinach, tightly packed
- Cook the rice while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat the oil in a medium sized skillet.
- When the oil is hot, add the scallions and tofu and saute over medium-low heat.
- When the scallions are tender and the tofu lightly browned, add the garlic and ginger.
- Saute until the garlic and ginger are fragrant, then add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and spinach.
- Raise the heat slightly, and bring to a simmer. Cook until the spinach has wilted. (There should still be some liquid in the pan, but most of it will have evaporated.)
- Add the rice, and toss together until the rice is coated in liquid and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Serve and enjoy!